Effects of Ozone Depletion
- Even minor problems or ozone depletion can have major effects.
- Depletion of ozone enables ultraviolet radiations of Sun to reach to the Earth, that can causes skin cancer to human beings and other animals.
- Decreased ozone layer will increase infectious diseases like malaria.
- It can change the life cycle of plants disrupting the food chain.
- It can change the wind patterns, resulting in climate changes all over the world. Especially, Asia and Pacific will be the most affected regions, facing climate-induced migration of people crisis.
- Sings of ozone depletion were first noticed over Antarctica in 1980s Since 1990s depletion have also been recorded over the Arctic, as well.